Friday, June 26, 2009

Associating him & death..!!!!???~!


Its a usual day, I have come to work at 9:30 am and have logged to email first thing & see this status message of my closest friend - End of pop era...am not able to make sense of it, then I login to facebook and am face to face with one of the most unbelievable things I heard (after Kishu's death)- MJ is no more!! Its truely bewildering and incredible! Not that I am a fan or possess a collection of all his albums but yet it strikes u as something very strange. I love his songs - heal the world, earth song, the way you make me feel etc...but this is what everyone feels about these songs.

Its just that you cannot associate death at all with some people & he is...err was one of them. But I guess the world feels the same as there are updates of media going haywire and sites like twitter and google coming crashing down with overflooding of updates on the news.

I remember the first time I had seen him in a newspaper snap when I was a kid and was scared to the bones! Yes he looked really strange and infact "paranormal". Then I read about him and came to know about his numerous surgeries and transformation. I also hated him at one point of time when he hung his newborn like a piece of cloth for "display" from his hotel balcony.

However it is disheartening to know that we could not witness his forthcoming comeback concert to be held in July after a long exile.   Needless to say he will never die in the minds of his fans and also those who hated him for being a suspected peadophile. But the point is this death makes you think again that everything ends in one moment and someone with   such a strature and popularity can not elude it either.............

4 comments:

~AND_ said...

True he lead a bizzare life, but the Music he made i sware has touched a billion souls including mine and perhaps that's the reason why i wrote a poem for him to publish on my blog.

I don't think talent needs to be mixed with personal life and problems. Personal life is one's own. We have so many examples of talented people with a ruined personal life. MJ's life was amazing, so were his songs, his greatest achievement being his sontributions to Music which no doubt were CLASSICS.

I've been listening to his songs ever since i was two and he is more than what we call a legend. No one can be called the king of POP ever... RIP MJ.. love you..

Kanupriya said...

yea, it was damn shocking & mysterious too...though very talented but he lived a very weird life and his death had mixed reactions from me!

debolina said...

u kno something tanvi...death makes people grt...revives the lost glory....and MJ's case is just like that....his bizzare life and prolonged selfmade illness have actually made people least bothered abt him...but i guess noW sell of his records will shoot up like hell..probably it will remind of those days when we were kids...and he was a star with moon-walk dance and the majestic voice....

debolina said...

u kno something tanvi...death makes people grt...revives the lost glory....and MJ's case is just like that....his bizzare life and prolonged selfmade illness have actually made people least bothered abt him...but i guess noW sell of his records will shoot up like hell..probably it will remind of those days when we were kids...and he was a star with moon-walk dance and the majestic voice....