Friday, October 10, 2008

FRIENDS FOREVER


The bus stop near my house was where I took the school bus and this is where I met her for the first time. It was my first day in Class 12th and so was hers. What followed was a brief introductory conversation and then a friendship bond that has been going strong since the past 13 years. Here I am talking about the girl I mentioned in my previous blog.
The second time we met was in our colony where she had come to stay with her maternal aunt and uncle to study. I still remember she wore a pink skirt and top and my first impression of her was that of a very mature, pretty and soft spoken girl.

We had different subject combinations in the science stream and hence we were in different sections. From our first meeting to several subsequent meetings we always gelled in well though nature wise she was more like my sis. But still conversation flowed spontaneously and we could (and can) talk any thing under the sun. Our bond strengthened and so did our closeness with each other’s siblings and parents. In fact her mother and mine share the same birthday and are very much alike! Also she was born 2 days after me J

Besides complimenting each other on our clothes, achievements etc. we could always comfortably point out our shortcomings and this is actually what friendship is all about.

After class XII she went to BHU for graduation while I pursued it in my home town. Till then we kept in touch through letters and cards. (Internet was not common in those days). Then fate brought us together again. This time it was in BHU where she pursued MBA while I did my masters. She stood by me and I by her through several trying times in our lives.
Fate brought us together again at BHU itself. She enrolled there for MBA while I pursued MSc. Those were such beautiful days- our long strolls and chats after dinner, our cycling to the swimming pool in the morning, our visits to Lanka, our shoppings and visits to the famed Banaras ghats.

She was always very focussed and ambitious- these 2 traits completely lacking in me J she always advised me to make the right career and education moves and this is where I followed my heart and not my mind or anyone’s selfless advise.
So today she is climbing the ladder of success very fast while I am content with my job and life in a small town. Life goes on and we continue exchanging our happiness, worries and sorrows. I wonder how incomplete life would have been without this precious bonding.

2 comments:

Waterfox said...

You are so lucky to have a good friend by your side!
Really :)

Kanupriya said...

Ah, I am sooo touched to read this post and shall I say I'm honored to have one complete post dedicated to me :-)! I always thank god for the day when we met on that bus stand and the last 13+ years wherein I always knew that I have atleast one TRUE friend who is always by my side, who is always there to celebrate my achievements and condole my painful moments, heartfully appreciate my virtues and truthfully criticise my shortcomings! In this world of materialism, where true friendship is a rarity, here's a toast to our 13+ year of honest relationship! And may this 13 be the duration of enternity.

Aside: BTW I dont remember at all that I was wearing a pink skirt that day!!! LOL...dresses ke maamle mein kya memory hai tumhari...Maan Gaye Guru :P