Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The joy of my life has turned one!



Most mommies blog about their newborns, their activities and how they slowly and steadily climb the ladder of growth. I also think of including my little one’s activities in to my blog but 2 reasons always kept me from doing it.
I maintain his personal diary since the 1st month of his birth. So duplicating my writings does not make much sense to me.
Not many people would relish reading about the nitty gritties of my child’s development the way my family or close friends would do.
But now is a very special time in my life and a big milestone for Ansh (yes that’s my son’s name J). He turned one on October 30, 2008. We had been planning for his big day since a longtime. On the dday Ansh first went to the temple with his grandparents. He looked damn cute when he came backing wearing a lovely marigold garland :0
His birthday invitation was all emailed across the world and that too in style; courtesy his Kanupriya aunt. J She made a cutomised invite for him. Many friends called and told me that they loved it!
The party began at 7 pm. The guest list included family friends and colleagues of Ansh’s grandfather, dad, mom and aunt. Around 50 people came to the banquet hall near the station. The cake was a huge Mickey Mouse shaped pineapple flavoured one and the place was full of balloons.
Ansh loved these colourful objects and played a lot with them. He cut the cake but didn’t like the taste of it at all! Around 11 pm the party was over. Ansh came back with lots of blessings, good wishes and ofcourse gifts. The one that he liked the best was given by his nani nanu- a red car so that he could also drive around or rather paddle away on his own!

2 comments:

Kanupriya said...

Aunty mat kahoooo na :D... Kanu Mausi sound's cooler and better...And its my privilege to design those invitation cards for li'll Ansh :-)...Am waiting for his 2nd bday now :D

Iya said...

Congrats to the mommy and a very happy birthday to Ansh.. wish him a very long and a very happy and prosperous life... God bless the little one...